- Are you looking for a place to stay as you transition to home from a hospital or short-term rehabilitation stay?
- Are you a sandwich generation caregiver who needs a break from caregiving or wants to take a family vacation?
- Are you interested in senior living but just want to try it out?
Respite care is an ideal solution for providing you or your loved one with excellent care in a safe, nurturing environment with a professional staff to support all their individual needs. Respite care is available at Pitman where stays often range from one week to several months. We have found that a significant number of respite care residents choose to stay as full-time residents in our independent assisted living community after making new friends and discovering new outlets for their interests during their time in respite. We invite you to come spend time socializing with our residents and compassionate team members before making any long-term commitments.
What to Consider When Deciding on Respite Care
Having a full understanding of your or your elderly loved one’s requirements, abilities, and preferences will help the seamless transition into respite care. Consider some of the following questions:
- Is social interaction a priority?
- Is daily exercise a priority?
- Do they require assistance with daily activities such as walking, eating or taking medications?
- Do they need memory support?
Being a caregiver can be emotionally and physically challenging, and it’s important to also take care of yourself. Respite provides peace of mind for caregivers looking for a safe, secure environment for their loved ones while taking a vacation, requiring time off for a specific purpose, or just desiring a much-needed break. Seeking occasional respite from care-giving responsibilities will help to reduce stress and refresh your energy levels.
Pitman Respite Care Center
No matter the reason for staying, all of our respite care residents have access to our amenities and sponsored activities inside and outside the communities, social outings and more. Enjoy the comforts of home and the security of professional care with amenities such as:
- Fully furnished apartments
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Regular licensed nurses are always available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week should the need arise
- Assistance with basic daily needs including personal care and hygiene, medication assistance, health monitoring, and more
- Delicious home-cooked meals
- Weekly housekeeping services
Our professional and compassionate staff is waiting to welcome you or your elderly loved one with open arms. To learn more about respite care or to tour our community, contact Pitman today.